Find inner peace, emotional strength, physical stability and stamina, mental equilibrium and confidence through yoga. Effectively combat the effects of our modern lifestyles resulting in stress and disease. Become aware of your breath and connect with your body, mind and spirit.
Create a permanent state of balance, strengthen your immune system and enjoy the feeling of renewed energy, enthusiasm and happiness on your path to fulfilling your life’s full potential and soul’s purpose (dharma).
The science of Yoga originated many thousands of years ago in India and is a complete healing system combining physical postures (asanas) and breathing exercises (pranayama) in a mindful practice to enhance, energise and nourish the functions of the body and mind.
Why do Yoga?
Our physical posture affects our health, vitality and awareness. The mind-body complex consists of various interrelated channels- from those which carry food to those which carry thoughts. The channels are held together on a physical level by the musculo-skeletal system, the shape of which is determined by our posture. Wrong posture and poor breathing creates various stresses, causing contractions that impair or block the proper flow through the channels. It inhibits the circulation of energy and nutrients while allowing toxins and waste materials to accumulate. Such blockages cause discomfort and reduce functioning, resulting in pain and disease. As mind and body are interconnected, physical blockages intertwine with mental and emotional blockages and hold various addictions, compulsions and attachments.
Benefits of Yoga
- develops muscular and skeletal strength
- creates core strength and stability for a heathy back
- improves flexibility and mobility of the spine and joints
- enhances nervous, endocrine and digestive functions
- improves concentration and sleeping patterns
- releases stress and tension and can help with depresssion
- can help with medical conditions such as high blood pressure
- provides deep rest and relaxation
- encourages positive feelings of peace, stillness and calm
And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances."