Pregnancy is a magical, intuitive time in a woman's life, celebrating the life growing inside you. Yoga is allowing you to feel more energised and connect with your baby and your own inner wisdom on a deeper level.
Saturday mornings 9:30 – 10:30 am
Monday evenings 6:30 – 7:30 pm
The ante-natal yoga class is suitable for all women from 14 weeks of pregnancy, right up to the due date, wether they have practised yoga before or not. Pregnancy is a magical time of tremendous change, both physically and emotionally. Ante-natal yoga aims to empower and prepare mothers-to-be to feel calm, strong and in control mentally and physically, safely keeping the body toned and supple without strain, whilst preparing for the birth of their baby and motherhood. Common discomforts that occur during pregnancy can be alleviated, like lower back pain, pelvic pain, heartburn, indigestion, swollen joints, breathlessness, tiredness and sleep disturbances. Yoga can provide women with much needed rest, increases energy and vitality, enhances overall well-being and allows for time to connect with their baby and own inner wisdom.
Muriel has gone through two pregnancies herself and has been teaching pregnant woman for a decade now.
Benefits of yoga during pregnancy
- strengthen the pelvic floor muscles
- alleviate some of the common discomforts of pregnancy
- stretch, tone, strengthen and relax
- improve concentration
- adjust to physical and emotional changes
- make space for your growing baby and bond with her/him
- helps with optimal fetal positioning
- improve energy levels and enhance well-being
- meet other pregnant mums
- prepare mentally and physically for labour and the birth of your baby
- learn how to use your breath for relaxation and labour
Mats, bolsters, belts, pillows and blankets provided.
Venue (click on the link for more details)